Doshii Connect Pty Ltd, ACN: 645 980 203
Last updated 9 March 2022
1. About us
2. Your privacy is important to Us
At Doshii, We understand how important it is to keep any personal information We have, including visitors browsing Our website (https://doshii.com) (Site), private, protected and safe. You can be confident that We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles for the protection and use of personal information.
We update this Policy when things change. You can always find the most up-to-date version on our Site.
3. What information do We collect?
In short: we collect information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Services, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- phone number and other contact details;
- your business name and address (which, if it includes any of the details in points 1-4 above, could be personal information);
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- reservation, loyalty membership and order data via Doshii’s APIs, including specific order preferences such as allergy information;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our Site or indirectly through your use of our Site or online presence or through other Sites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us; or
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In short: some information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics, is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
The information we collect through cookies includes log and usage data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports, ‘crash dumps’ and hardware settings).
Information collected through other related services
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you or from a third party, including from users of the Services. We may collect this information when you:
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with our Site, services, content and advertising; or
- access our Subscribers’ websites or software application
4. How do We use your information?
In short: we process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- to facilitate account creation and log-on process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- to post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Services that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the consent of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- to request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- to enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- to manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- to send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- to protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- to enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- to respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- to fulfil and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- to deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- to respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- to send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Services, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “Your Privacy Rights” below).
- to deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- for other business purposes. We and/or our approved third-party partners may use your information for our other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users, and you may opt out at any time by emailing email@example.com. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent. We may also disclose de-identified, aggregated information to our related bodies corporate to support our business and improve our products.
5. Cookies and analytics
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are downloaded from Our web servers and stored on your hard drive. A cookie is a string of letters and numbers that uniquely identifies the computer you are using.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove and reject cookies. However, doing so may hinder your access to valuable areas of information within Our Site.
6. Who do We share your information with?
In short: we only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfil business obligations.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business operations: We disclose personal information to organisations that help Us with the operation of Our business and to provide our Services to you.
- Business transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
We may disclose personal information to:
- employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our Site and/or our business, in connection with providing our products and services to you or performance of our other business purpose);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- Our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- Our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Business interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Fulfilling a contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Compliance with legal obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Overseas recipients of personal information
By providing us with personal information, you acknowledge the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia.
Our servers are located in Australia, and backed-up in Singapore. We take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient, including our trusted third parties, will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
7. Keeping your information safe
In short: we aim to protect your personal information through a system of security measures.
We take great care with the information We hold about you. Our aim is to ensure that details are securely protected from misuse, interference, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We take reasonable care to make sure that We keep your information in an accurate, complete and up-to-date manner.
Our Site is professionally hosted and operates in a secure environment. Our Site uses encryption techniques to enhance your privacy and security when using Our Site. You should however be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your personal information via the internet, including by email. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
8. Accessing, updating and correcting your information
In short: you may access, update, correct your personal information or terminate your account at any time.
You can contact Us and ask to access, update and correct your information. For more detailed information, you may need to fill out a request form. If your information isn’t correct or needs updating, let Us know straight away.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- contact us using the contact information provided; or
- log in to your account settings and update your user account.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Merchant Terms and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Opting out of email marketing
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
9. Making a Privacy Complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, email address and/or phone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
10. Contact Us
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us by email at email@example.com, or by post to:
Attn. Doshii Support
Doshii Connect Pty Ltd
Upper Ground, The Foundry
1 Locomotive Street
Eveleigh NSW 2015 Australia